Thursday, May 26, 2011

Progress...

I have learnt to crochet a Granny Square!


Ok, so I know I have said how relaxing and therapeutic crochet is...and really it is...


...but I will admit the whole process of learning to crochet a Granny Square hasn't been completely relaxing...or therapeutic...


...but rather frustrating...with a lot of confusion, pulling out of stitches...


and starting over. But as my three year old says "if you try and try and try you will do it" (a truth she discovered when learning to hop)...and finally with perseverance I did it! Well, sort of.


They are not the most perfect Granny Squares, but they aren't too bad for an absolute beginner are they?


And the good thing is, now that I know how to crochet a basic Granny Square without looking at the pattern, I can drift away with it again...as I work on perfecting my technique...and a cozy crochet blanket.

No comments: