Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Heart Applique



A little crafty project I really enjoy is applique. Nothing too tricky or complicated. Just a simple shape, on a tee, cushion, tote...or anything really. And I love to blanket stitch. I find it quite relaxing and satisfying, and most of the time I like to finish off the applique with a blanket stitch around the edge. But not always, because it isn't essential, and it can take a little while to do.


This heart was cut from a little piece of vintage cotton fabric, and the finished tee is a gift for a friend's baby girl.

On another note, last night I set up a flickr account and had a go at uploading a few photos. I found it really easy to use, and I loved the editing program picnik. However when I tried to find the images from blogger and insert them into a post, I couldn't find a way to make it work. Does anyone do this? Is it possible?

No comments: