Thursday, December 22, 2011

A quick crochet hook cosy








Lucky this was quick and easy to make as I almost left it to the very last minute! This crochet hook cosy is for my mum for Christmas. She is crafty. She loves to crochet. And she loves to give and receive handmade.

I found the pattern for this crochet hook cosy in 'Sew Darn Cute' by Jenny Ryan, a book I stumbled across whilst browsing the shelves of cute and quirky shops in Dunsborough last month. I could not put that book back on the shelf, it had to come home with me. I want to make everything in that book.

The exterior of the crochet hook cosy was supposed to be denim, but I didn't have denim and I didn't want to buy any fabric, so I just used cotton quilting fabric inside and out, but added medium weight interfacing to both pieces to make the cosy sturdy enough. And I thought a crochet flower would be the perfect addition to the front. Done!





No comments: